Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    868 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringel05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It just occurred to me that the Saudis could be doing it with the current administrations blessing or even at our behest. It hurts not only our enemies but also reduces the amount of fracking in this country, trying to kill two birds with one stone so to speak.........
    Like what Reagan did with defense spending to the Soviets it's entirely possible Obama and the Saudis are using oil to get at Russia and Iran. It will cause some immediate problems and most likely some long term issues we'll have to deal with. I wonder how long the Saudis can keep this up, they do have large stores of money and could possibly let oil prices drop for a couple of years before they have to slow down production again. It's definitely a double edged sword, while also having the effect of limiting fracking here we tend to be innovative and could possibly find/develop cheaper ways to extract shale oil in that time.
    I hadn't considered Obama being involved. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he were.

I honestly believe the man has no consideration of what impact using this brand of manipulation to achieve his end goal (the green thing in this instance) may have on the average citizen of this country. It's all about his legacy at this point. If we all have to suffer through some really tough financial times means nothing as long as he achieves his goal.

The man is unable to see beyond the tip of his own nose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. William John Henry Boetcker

Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 2,603 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    868 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraram View Post
    I read the same thing somewhere and a few other articles saying why oil exploration and drilling/fracking around here is at a slow down. The slow down according to articles, whether some believe it or not, are being attributed to the Saudi's desire to decrease our production and output. They may also get the added bonus of hurting Russia and Iran in the process. As far as Venezuela is concerned maybe they will have to start charging their citizens more than 7 cents/gal. Too bad Hugo Chavez isn't around to see this happening.

The cokehead would just blame it on Bush.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. William John Henry Boetcker

Sidekicks Superstar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,626 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1412 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bella-day View Post
    The cokehead would just blame it on Bush.
    I'll drink t that.
    Don't Worry. Be Happy!

Extraram

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bella-day View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringel05 View Post
    It just occurred to me that the Saudis could be doing it with the current administrations blessing or even at our behest. It hurts not only our enemies but also reduces the amount of fracking in this country, trying to kill two birds with one stone so to speak.........
    Like what Reagan did with defense spending to the Soviets it's entirely possible Obama and the Saudis are using oil to get at Russia and Iran. It will cause some immediate problems and most likely some long term issues we'll have to deal with. I wonder how long the Saudis can keep this up, they do have large stores of money and could possibly let oil prices drop for a couple of years before they have to slow down production again. It's definitely a double edged sword, while also having the effect of limiting fracking here we tend to be innovative and could possibly find/develop cheaper ways to extract shale oil in that time.
    I hadn't considered Obama being involved. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he were.

I honestly believe the man has no consideration of what impact using this brand of manipulation to achieve his end goal (the green thing in this instance) may have on the average citizen of this country. It's all about his legacy at this point. If we all have to suffer through some really tough financial times means nothing as long as he achieves his goal.

The man is unable to see beyond the tip of his own nose.
    That's not only the definition of any politician but the definition of the vast majority of people on this planet.