My Mood
    Sick
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)
    I do enjoy truth and research. There are a lot of good things that arise from knowing that there are people who will lie and spoonfeed you their bad blood to say stupid things for them, cause they knew it was stupid.

Ten of this year's cases involve people who traveled to the Philippines, where there is a large outbreak, or to India or Vietnam, where measles is endemic, health officials say. They have not clarified whether any of those people were vaccinated.
    The 32 measles cases have been reported in Alameda (1), Contra Costa (4), Los Angeles (10), Orange (6), Riverside (5), San Mateo (1), San Diego (4) and Santa Clara (1) counties. The CDPH has not said where the 14 intentionally unvaccinated people live.

Can't imagine how this diverse a group could get themselves into such a mess. I thought the illegal ones over the boarder were from central America.

When you start pointing a finger, remember that there are three pointing back at you. (Palin really messed that one up )

MY best take on this one is a wealthy family or just one child in a yuppyish family traveled to the East, India sounds good, but his mom was one of those who decided long ago to not vaccinate her child, for what ever reason. Kid travels, comes back with a case of being to close to a disease, gets home and the family goes to Disneyland to celebrate a birthday, or what ever. How do you suppose a person who doesn't have a job or anything except the clothes on their back can afford the $95 day ticket to that place. We know that they don't hire anything like an illegal to work there. Oh wait common sense doesn't work here. My bad. I think I'll go to the corner where Mal. hangs out, she lives in that state and probably has more knowledge on this that the local news does. That was where I got the information at the start of this one.
    "It pays to know the enemy - not least because at some time you may have the opportunity to turn him into a friend." M. Thatcher

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." A. Richards

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,671 Times in 9,606 Posts
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)
    A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association — Pediatrics last year found that 88 percent of measles cases in the country “were internationally imported or epidemiologically or virologically linked to importation.”

There were a few cases not linked to any kind of importation over a period from 2001 to 2011, but they did not seem to be endemic, researchers said. The study ultimately found that while endemic measles was still eliminated, international importation remained a serious risk.
    Why Blame Instead of Immigrants for Measles Outbreaks? | FrontPage Magazine

Thanks
    Thanked 4,068 Times in 2,588 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    858 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by getitrite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do enjoy truth and research. There are a lot of good things that arise from knowing that there are people who will lie and spoonfeed you their bad blood to say stupid things for them, cause they knew it was stupid.

Ten of this year's cases involve people who traveled to the Philippines, where there is a large outbreak, or to India or Vietnam, where measles is endemic, health officials say. They have not clarified whether any of those people were vaccinated.
    The 32 measles cases have been reported in Alameda (1), Contra Costa (4), Los Angeles (10), Orange (6), Riverside (5), San Mateo (1), San Diego (4) and Santa Clara (1) counties. The CDPH has not said where the 14 intentionally unvaccinated people live.

Can't imagine how this diverse a group could get themselves into such a mess. I thought the illegal ones over the boarder were from central America.

When you start pointing a finger, remember that there are three pointing back at you. (Palin really messed that one up )

MY best take on this one is a wealthy family or just one child in a yuppyish family traveled to the East, India sounds good, but his mom was one of those who decided long ago to not vaccinate her child, for what ever reason. Kid travels, comes back with a case of being to close to a disease, gets home and the family goes to Disneyland to celebrate a birthday, or what ever. How do you suppose a person who doesn't have a job or anything except the clothes on their back can afford the $95 day ticket to that place. We know that they don't hire anything like an illegal to work there. Oh wait common sense doesn't work here. My bad. I think I'll go to the corner where Mal. hangs out, she lives in that state and probably has more knowledge on this that the local news does. That was where I got the information at the start of this one.

You are right! There is absolutely zero possibility of someone coming into this country with no health check whatsoever bringing an illness along for the ride...

Therefore, it must be those evil rich people you guys despise so much.

Yep, that's the ticket...it's all about those rich people.

LOL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. William John Henry Boetcker

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    858 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfc Ollie View Post
    A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association — Pediatrics last year found that 88 percent of measles cases in the country “were internationally imported or epidemiologically or virologically linked to importation.”

There were a few cases not linked to any kind of importation over a period from 2001 to 2011, but they did not seem to be endemic, researchers said. The study ultimately found that while endemic measles was still eliminated, international importation remained a serious risk.
    Why Blame Instead of Immigrants for Measles Outbreaks? | FrontPage Magazine
    No Ollie, stick to the talking points!

It's got to be those rich people. You know they just sit around figuring ways to make everyone's life miserable.

It's a well known fact that people immigrating from 3rd world nations that have no immunization program at all are the healthiest of the healthiest...there's absolutely no way in the world they could bring any infectious disease into this country.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. William John Henry Boetcker

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,671 Times in 9,606 Posts
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bella-day View Post
    there's absolutely no way in the world they could bring any infectious disease into this country.
    Apparently not...........

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,107 Times in 2,277 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    As I understand those that do not immunized:

1. They think the risks (today) recently, outweighed the possible advantages. These are those that read baby/child care books-thus exposed to the debunked autism scare. Perhaps they got a book from the library or 'researched' immunizations and came across the panic before 2010. These tend to be highly educated and seemed to think the herd would protect their child.

2. Infants too young to immunize.

3. Children with illnesses that make immunization truly dangerous, like those on chemo.

4. Parents that can't afford it, not realizing they can turn to their health department, including illegals. The costs of immunizing are much lower than caring for those that will be truly ill. Whooping cough for an asthmatic child is life threatening. Measles can cause blindness and deafness, can also kill; not to mention that in extreme cases it can be disfiguring.
    “To learn who rules over you, find out whom you are not allowed to criticize.” — Voltaire

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    858 Post(s)
    In my opinion, it is up to the parents to make the decision to immunize or not.

If they choose not to immunize for whatever reason, the public school system has the right to decide that child cannot attend class in their schools.

But...the fact of the matter is...measles is spread from person to person. The virus must have a host in order to thrive and spread. So this latest outbreak came from somewhere.

Even if there was a Federal mandate that required children to be immunized it would be a waste of time as long as we are allowing people to come into this country without health checks and firm proof of immunization.

We have a group of people yelping about Federal mandates while ignoring the fact that we do have people coming into the country on a daily basis who have had no health checks or proof of immunization.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bella-day For This Useful Post:

Sfc Ollie (02-05-2015)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,107 Times in 2,277 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bella-day View Post
    In my opinion, it is up to the parents to make the decision to immunize or not.

If they choose not to immunize for whatever reason, the public school system has the right to decide that child cannot attend class in their schools.

But...the fact of the matter is...measles is spread from person to person. The virus must have a host in order to thrive and spread. So this latest outbreak came from somewhere.

Even if there was a Federal mandate that required children to be immunized it would be a waste of time as long as we are allowing people to come into this country without health checks and firm proof of immunization.

We have a group of people yelping about Federal mandates while ignoring the fact that we do have people coming into the country on a daily basis who have had no health checks or proof of immunization.
    Highly contagious. An child not immunized could be exposed up to two hours earlier by a carrier. That child then could cough, sneeze, pick their nose and wipe on a post, door knob, etc., the contagions lasting two more hours. That's how quickly it will spread to those not immunized or immunization immune.

While it's hypothesized that those immunization immune are 1-2% of population, the herd effect has previously negated true studies.
    “To learn who rules over you, find out whom you are not allowed to criticize.” — Voltaire