My Mood
    Sick
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    653 Post(s)

OK Republicans, we know that you don't trust the government but really ....

Depending on whom you ask, “Jade Helm 15” is either a domestic military training exercise or a covert operation for the federal government to take over the state of Texas – and 2016 presidential candidate Ted Cruz just became the latest Republican to fan the flames of the latter theory.

The exercise, which officially consists of a series of training drills throughout the Southwest for about 1,200 special operations personnel, including Green Berets and Navy SEALs. Conspiracy theorists operating on the fringes of the conservative blogosphere, however, have other ideas about what the exercise, known as Jade Helm 15, is intended to do – such as implement martial law, seize Americans’ guns, and imprison political dissidents.Rather than squash those theories outright, Cruz apparently decided it was better to be safe than sorry.

Safe or inflammatory ?
    "It pays to know the enemy - not least because at some time you may have the opportunity to turn him into a friend." M. Thatcher

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." A. Richards

Metastatic
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)
    They're practicing in case they ever have [the opportunity] to deal with such a situation in reality.
    I have found that if you wander far enough to either the Left or the Right, you find yourself emerging from the other side of things surrounded by some twisted version of your starting point, as though traveling along some aeternal Möbius strip. Perhaps Hegel's syntheses were little more than the point at which, having run as far and fast as possible to escape our point of origin, we find ourselves on the other side of the point where we began.

PRACTICAL,FRUGAL,EFFICENT
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    653 Post(s)
    Practice makes a master, scaring, this is not showing trust in your country, can you give a understanding why this ploy?
    "It pays to know the enemy - not least because at some time you may have the opportunity to turn him into a friend." M. Thatcher

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." A. Richards

Thanks
    Thanked 4,461 Times in 2,752 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    Safe to ask questions to the government that his constituents have presented to him?

Here's Cruz's exact words on the subject.

Ted Cruz Says He Has Asked the Pentagon for Answers onJade Helm 15 - Bloomberg Politics

"My office has reached out to the Pentagon to inquire about this exercise," Cruz, a Texas senator, told Bloomberg at the South Carolina Republican Party's annual convention. "We are assured it is a military training exercise. I have no reason to doubt those assurances, but I understand the reason for concern and uncertainty, because when the federal government has not demonstrated itself to be trustworthy in this administration, the natural consequence is that many citizens don't trust what it is saying."
    This is what a good representative charged with serving the public does. It isn't inflammatory at all. He's addressing the concerns of the folks back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. William John Henry Boetcker

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bella-day For This Useful Post:

Annie (05-03-2015), Extraram (05-03-2015), SassyLady (05-04-2015)

Sidekicks Superstar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,251 Times in 1,755 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1533 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bella-day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's addressing the concerns of the folks back home.
    Makes you wonder how so many don't understand this.
    Don't Worry. Be Happy!

Extraram

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,496 Times in 10,119 Posts
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1496 Post(s)
    It's an exercise, not unlike dozens of others we have had in the past. Not unlike many that I was deployed as part of. Cruz knows this is a military exercise and he knows the reasons it is needed. It is nothing for American citizens to be afraid of, rather they should be afraid if our military forces did not have these exercises....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sfc Ollie For This Useful Post:

daws101 (07-23-2015)

PRACTICAL,FRUGAL,EFFICENT
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    653 Post(s)
    I have to say, I'm thinking like Ollie on this one. This is for the preparedness of our military, just because you think Obama is crap as a POTUS, do not transfer that thinking to our military. If you want to criticize, go to the office, he has a line but well do not criticize the military they have to follow orders, and probably need more practice because of the President.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    Cruz wasn't criticizing the military.

He was asking the reason for the exercise.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. William John Henry Boetcker

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,166 Times in 2,311 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    701 Post(s)
    Related and there are links at site:

Instapundit

MAY 3, 2015
    SO AFTER I TWEETED THEM, NPR CORRECTED THE HEADLINE IN THIS AWFUL HIT PIECE ON TEXAS GOV. ABBOTT, BUT IT’S STILL WRONG.

As this WaPo article — from last week — explains, Abbott sent the State Guard (not the Texas National Guard, as the NRP story originally claimed) to observe (not “stave off,” as the NPR article still wrongly claims) federal military maneuvers (not a “takeover” as the NPR article still wrongly claims). The WaPo story also explains why, for safety reasons, it’s a good idea for state officials to know about these exercises. Compare the treatment by WaPo — hardly an Abbott-friendly organ — with the NPR piece by Wade Goodwyn, which seems designed to produce agitprop headlines for Dems to share with each other over social media. Now note which one is supported by your tax dollars.
    “To learn who rules over you, find out whom you are not allowed to criticize.” — Voltaire

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annie For This Useful Post:

bella-day (05-03-2015), Extraram (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    Well, well...isn't that interesting.

Seems the left-wing media is in high gear. They will show us who it is they fear with the lies and distortions they spread.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bella-day For This Useful Post:

Annie (05-04-2015)