User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59
  1. #51
    Hero Member
    theliq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanks
    495
    Thanked 59 Times in 50 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    411 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by DiveCon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by theliq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by DiveCon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    it SHOULD be, but probably wont be
    Dive IT IS............see above..steven
    WOW, I'll chalk it uop to #BrokenClockSyndrome , and let it go then LOL
    Yes life is full of surprises Dive

  2. #52
    Hero Member
    theliq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanks
    495
    Thanked 59 Times in 50 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    411 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    528
    Indeed it is

  3. #53
    Hero Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,207
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 871 Times in 512 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    500 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1624
    Quote Originally Posted by theliq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm glad for you but we all don't have the same opportunity,we have to adhere to certain building codes for a start,you just can't have folk building structures that may fall down,let alone the fire risk.

    We don't allow Guns so your problem(in your mind or frightfully otherwise)that you need them for protection is irrelevant to us.

    Your quote that No one carries a Gun defies belief,considering the Gun Deaths in America.....by the way you never answered my original question.....considering GG that you have visited so many countries,you must admit that you are able to live the lifestyle you desire....and Good on you for that,because you have worked hard to achieve this(if I am reading between the lines of your prose correctly),other Americans would never be able too.
    I give people more credit than you. I built a detached garage and work shop. It cost me around $25000. It was my own design with no requirement for a building inspector. I am not about to spend that much money on a structure "that may fall down,let alone the fire risk." I don't need a building inspector to tell me whether I did it right or wrong.

    We have lived here about twenty years. There have been two gun deaths in my county during that time. In one a policeman shot a man who was holding some people hostage and there was one murder. Gun violence tends to be a problem in metro areas. Like I said, I just don't see people carrying weapons except for an occasional hunter.

    I visited most of the countries while in the military. My visits to Australia was as a civilian visiting my son who worked in Australia at the time. We are not wealthy by any means, but live comfortably. Through thrift, we own our own house and cars and have no debts except a monthly credit car debt which I pay off monthly.
    Life is more fun, if you do not take it too seriously.

  4. #54
    Hero Member
    theliq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanks
    495
    Thanked 59 Times in 50 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    411 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by gentlegiant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by theliq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm glad for you but we all don't have the same opportunity,we have to adhere to certain building codes for a start,you just can't have folk building structures that may fall down,let alone the fire risk.

    We don't allow Guns so your problem(in your mind or frightfully otherwise)that you need them for protection is irrelevant to us.

    Your quote that No one carries a Gun defies belief,considering the Gun Deaths in America.....by the way you never answered my original question.....considering GG that you have visited so many countries,you must admit that you are able to live the lifestyle you desire....and Good on you for that,because you have worked hard to achieve this(if I am reading between the lines of your prose correctly),other Americans would never be able too.
    I give people more credit than you. I built a detached garage and work shop. It cost me around $25000. It was my own design with no requirement for a building inspector. I am not about to spend that much money on a structure "that may fall down,let alone the fire risk." I don't need a building inspector to tell me whether I did it right or wrong.

    We have lived here about twenty years. There have been two gun deaths in my county during that time. In one a policeman shot a man who was holding some people hostage and there was one murder. Gun violence tends to be a problem in metro areas. Like I said, I just don't see people carrying weapons except for an occasional hunter.

    I visited most of the countries while in the military. My visits to Australia was as a civilian visiting my son who worked in Australia at the time. We are not wealthy by any means, but live comfortably. Through thrift, we own our own house and cars and have no debts except a monthly credit car debt which I pay off monthly.
    Excellent GG,Let me tell you here in Mullaloo,if I wanted to put up even a patio,I have to make application to the Joondalup Shire $40,then do a detailed drawing (by a professional at least $150),submit the drawing to the Shire(County in the US) for approval $60....the Shire will then send someone round to ensure that everything adheres to the drawing (No Charge!!!!)....I then have it built $$$$$$ by an Authorized Accredited Tradesman......when finished,I have to call the Shire and get its FINAL APPROVAL by an Qualified Building Inspector $$$$$ again,where by I am given an approval Disc to attatch to the Patio...This can take F------ Months

    Just to let you know I paid the Shire (last Bill for 2016) A$3,764 for 2016 yearly rates and GARBAGE COLLECTION.......YOU ARE A LUCKY MAN GG...STEVE

  5. #55
    Hero Member
    bella-day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    6,810
    Thanks
    546
    Thanked 3,877 Times in 2,501 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    783 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3772
    Quote Originally Posted by theliq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by bella-day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not only have I challenged the validity of your statements time and again...I back my assertions with proof.

    And no, what you claim to be fact in most cases turns out to be repeated talking points that are easily proved wrong.
    Which facts are wrong ?????Your talk is cheap,let us see your facts.......Grotty one liners just won't do Bella,with Respect...steven
    In this thread alone...

    Your yammer regarding the percentage of our GDP devoted to the exportation of murder as you called it...

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by bella-day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It appears we are not the ones who do not understand. It is interesting that you toss insults and refuse to comment beyond that.

    I guess it is understandable that you would believe the USA's unemployment situation is hunky dory since you refuse to go beyond the surface data. There's more to it than minimum wage jobs you know. The acceleration of the number of people who are now on public assistance in this country, the number of manufacturers who have left this country, along with the abysmal labor participation rate stats paint the real picture that is being ignored.

    Oh, and I did the research you are either too lazy to do or have no idea how to do...

    Percentage of USA's GDP connected to arms sales to foreign countries? .0862%

    Staggering I tell you! LOL!

    https://www.quora.com/What-percentag...eign-countries

    Funny thing about research. You stumble on all kinds of information.

    I ran up on something equally interesting while on my quest...

    It looks like you guys build nothing you cannot import...Boeing thanks you guys I'm sure.

    Australia becomes the world's sixth-largest arms importer

    Then there was your claim that Australia was the 4th richest country in the world...

    Quote Originally Posted by bella-day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You really shouldn't make off the cuff statements. The validity of such statements is just too easy to check.

    While Australia is doing well, the country is not the 4th wealthiest...it is the 15th out of 25. The USA is rated the 9th.

    The 25 Richest Countries In The World Based On Purchasing Power Parity Of GDP Per Capita

    Not only do you not present "American facts" as you say; you don't even get it right about your own country. You have a tendency to post off the cuff without sourcing anything and worse yet you do not even bother to check to make sure you are posting factual information before making your off the cuff statements.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

    You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. William John Henry Boetcker

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to bella-day For This Useful Post:

    Annie (01-30-2017)

  7. #56
    Administrator
    Sfc Ollie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the border, (Ohio and PA that is)
    Posts
    40,503
    Thanks
    4,501
    Thanked 12,676 Times in 8,949 Posts
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1373 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11018
    Quote Originally Posted by theliq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Excellent GG,Let me tell you here in Mullaloo,if I wanted to put up even a patio,I have to make application to the Joondalup Shire $40,then do a detailed drawing (by a professional at least $150),submit the drawing to the Shire(County in the US) for approval $60...
    It's called taxes....
    If Zombies are chasing us, I'm tripping you.

  8. #57
    Designated Travelator
    Thundrchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I will check the GPS and get back with you.
    Posts
    12,404
    Thanks
    506
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,877 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    775 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3830
    Quote Originally Posted by DiveCon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfc Ollie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    theliq, it is plain and simple fact that What is known as Central America is part of the continent of North America, Frm the southern Border of Panama northward.... End of discussion I hope.....
    it SHOULD be, but probably wont be

    Good guess.
    Hey, Algebra, I'll look for your "x" if you take mine.

  9. #58
    R U ready 4 some FOOTBALL !!!!
    DiveCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Richmond, ME
    Posts
    12,956
    Thanks
    6,031
    Thanked 1,887 Times in 1,472 Posts
    My Mood
    Cold
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    840 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2928
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundrchild View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by DiveCon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfc Ollie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    theliq, it is plain and simple fact that What is known as Central America is part of the continent of North America, Frm the southern Border of Panama northward.... End of discussion I hope.....
    it SHOULD be, but probably wont be

    Good guess.
    naw, he let it go

  10. #59
    Designated Travelator
    Thundrchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I will check the GPS and get back with you.
    Posts
    12,404
    Thanks
    506
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,877 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    775 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3830
    Quote Originally Posted by DiveCon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundrchild View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by DiveCon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    it SHOULD be, but probably wont be

    Good guess.
    naw, he let it go

    Give it a year or six. He's been known to reopen dead threads long after they have decomposed.
    Hey, Algebra, I'll look for your "x" if you take mine.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thundrchild For This Useful Post:

    DiveCon (01-31-2017), theliq (02-01-2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •