Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

How do I find God?

I think the popular phrase 'find God' is misleading, and so a number of people here have made missing God jokes... one perhaps inadvertently coming close to the truth. Why would we have to find a God whose influence is everywhere?

The answer is we don't have to find him. We have to recognize him. By way of a analogy:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    984 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by navhindu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the popular phrase 'find God' is misleading, and so a number of people here have made missing God jokes... one perhaps inadvertently coming close to the truth. Why would we have to find a God whose influence is everywhere?

The answer is we don't have to find him. We have to recognize him. By way of a analogy:
    Hummm,maybe you did the right thing,bailing early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRACTICAL,FRUGAL,EFFICENT
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    633 Post(s)
    How do I find God?

Do you infer that human kind is only able to recognize themselves, each trying to be more that his fellow in any way possible ? Invent religion, then you can get a someone to testify on your behalf. Invent capitalism, then you can use your stuff as a gauge. I'm thinking we may be mentally ill.
    "It pays to know the enemy - not least because at some time you may have the opportunity to turn him into a friend." M. Thatcher

"Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels." A. Richards

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    984 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by getitrite View Post
    How do I find God?

Do you infer that human kind is only able to recognize themselves, each trying to be more that his fellow in any way possible ? Invent religion, then you can get a someone to testify on your behalf. Invent capitalism, then you can use your stuff as a gauge. I'm thinking we may be mentally ill.
    Getitrite,I strongly advise you do not join any Religious Body to find God in any meaningful way...as Man Made Religions will be the FIRST TO BE CAST ASUNDER,...….God will find you Getit.steve

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    188 Post(s)
    You have your imaginary friends, and well I know that there is no such thing as a coincidence, religious groups make the mistake of having idols, a real problem. It says don't, look what happens, someone comes along and asks you to prove it.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion? Bullshit....everyone is entitled to their own INFORMED opinion. - Harlan Ellison

God is my Sensei.