4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    506 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DiveCon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    that depends on what you watch
    And that is precisely my point. A large proportion of the republicans are now watching MSNBC. Republican or whoever, it has an effect.
    Life is more fun, if you do not take it too seriously.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gentlegiant For This Useful Post:

theliq (09-23-2017)

R U ready 4 some FOOTBALL !!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,485 Posts
    My Mood
    Cold
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    848 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gentlegiant View Post
    that depends on what you watch
    And that is precisely my point. A large proportion of the republicans are now watching MSNBC. Republican or whoever, it has an effect.
    I wont watch MSNBC, i already know its garbage

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,755 Times in 9,003 Posts
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1375 Post(s)
    I tune into MSNBC about once a week. And I actually watch it for 10 minutes or so... That's when I start feeling a bit ill and change to a different cartoon channel.
    If Zombies are chasing us, I'm tripping you.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    506 Post(s)
    I wont watch MSNBC, i already know its garbage
    My point is that more people are watching it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    435 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfyre View Post
    This is because Rupert Murdoch's two sons, both left leaning, are now making the programming decisions. And they are not nearly as savvy as their father or Roger Ailes. My evening started every weekday at 6 o'clock at our house as I tuned into O'Reilly's opening monologue which was always well researched and presented. I didn't always stay for his whole program but I would usually at least check in on Carlson and Hannity to see if they were featuring anything really interesting.

Since the fruit basket turnover, Carlson is still ahead in O'Reilly's time slot but is not pulling anywhere near the numbers O'Reilly did. And he isn't as strong an anchor to keep people around for the Five which is terrible with Juan at the table instead of Beckel who they also fired. And that causes Hannity's ratings to suffer.

It's a real mess. And if the boys are really inept at this, I look for other great talent at Fox to quit.

But it has nothing to do with the Republicans. The only thing that will put them in trouble is if they join with the Democrats to throw up roadblocks to Trump's agenda. And who knows. They might be too entrenched in the status quo permanent political class that they will be that foolish. Time will tell.
    Sorry Foxy...but the "BOYS" are very much right wing...st

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,173 Times in 1,321 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    686 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theliq View Post
    This is because Rupert Murdoch's two sons, both left leaning, are now making the programming decisions. And they are not nearly as savvy as their father or Roger Ailes. My evening started every weekday at 6 o'clock at our house as I tuned into O'Reilly's opening monologue which was always well researched and presented. I didn't always stay for his whole program but I would usually at least check in on Carlson and Hannity to see if they were featuring anything really interesting.

Since the fruit basket turnover, Carlson is still ahead in O'Reilly's time slot but is not pulling anywhere near the numbers O'Reilly did. And he isn't as strong an anchor to keep people around for the Five which is terrible with Juan at the table instead of Beckel who they also fired. And that causes Hannity's ratings to suffer.

It's a real mess. And if the boys are really inept at this, I look for other great talent at Fox to quit.

But it has nothing to do with the Republicans. The only thing that will put them in trouble is if they join with the Democrats to throw up roadblocks to Trump's agenda. And who knows. They might be too entrenched in the status quo permanent political class that they will be that foolish. Time will tell.
    Sorry theliq, but the 'boys' are very much not right wing at all.
    Only the mediocre are always at their best.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxfyre For This Useful Post:

DiveCon (09-21-2017), Extraram (09-24-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    435 Post(s)

Sorry Foxy,the Lads are Conservatives and like Right,of Right Wing but only a shadow of their father.st ps You'll be telling me next they are Left Wing!!!!!!!!!11

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    506 Post(s)
    Sorry Foxy,the Lads are Conservatives and like Right,of Right Wing but only a shadow of their father.st ps You'll be telling me next they are Left Wing!!!!!!!!!11
    Keep in mind, this is primarily a US forum and uses US definitions. What is middle of the road in the US is extreme right in Australia. This is especially true given regional differences in the US. For many of us, Australia is a Nanny state. We prefer as little government as possible.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gentlegiant For This Useful Post:

Extraram (09-24-2017)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,173 Times in 1,321 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    686 Post(s)

They ARE left wing far more than they are right wing. They might not be fanatically left wing but they are in no way rightwingers. They oppose much of the Republican agenda, oppose most of President Trump's agenda, and are described as liberals by almost everybody. James' wife worked for the Clinton climate initiative and currently serves on the board of a left wing environmental group. Firing O'Reilly was the most stupid thing they could have done and may mark the end of Fox News domination of cable news. They will ultimately learn that liberalism doesn't sell just as their father already knows.

Your opinion just goes to show you can't believe everything you read or want to believe down under either.
    Only the mediocre are always at their best.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxfyre For This Useful Post:

DiveCon (09-23-2017), Extraram (09-24-2017), theliq (09-23-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    435 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gentlegiant View Post
    Keep in mind, this is primarily a US forum and uses US definitions. What is middle of the road in the US is extreme right in Australia. This is especially true given regional differences in the US. For many of us, Australia is a Nanny state. We prefer as little government as possible.
    GG,many thanks for your exposae sic on the difference between our countries,I have never thought of that before to be honest...and thinking of that, it may be causal of some of the often problems I have on here with you and other posters...I wouldn't say were are a Nanny state but government intervention on some things are generous indeed,but saying that Free Health Care,Unemployment,Aged and other things are part of the course here...we do look after the less fortunate pretty well.As for the Lads,they are seen as quite Conservative in this Liberalized Country..steve,again GG thanks for the insight

LOL,as I have said before,it is difficult to change to and American mentality(that is in no way a critisum sic,methinks one has to live in a country for a while to really understand...mid you I would find it impossible to vote Republican)