Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    979 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by DiveCon View Post
    its being reported that McCain was laughing and joking with democrats after the vote last night and saying "lets see trump make America great again now" so sounds like his vote wasn't even on principle, just spite
    I'd like to see those 'reports.' Seriously this sounds like some gossip being spread via alt media. If you have some links, that would be great.
    i'm in internet hell where i am here in the Philippines, I'm lucky i can get this to open and work I've seen several links on twitter, but i can ONLY get that to partially work on my phone, so no way to copy & paste links to here

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,443 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    754 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bella-day View Post
    its being reported that McCain was laughing and joking with democrats after the vote last night and saying "lets see trump make America great again now" so sounds like his vote wasn't even on principle, just spite
    I've heard the same thing Divey. Wouldn't put it past McCain. I have nothing for the man. He's just another progressive.
    It is all over the internet this morning, but I can't find any source for it among the MSM. Some evidence it traces back to a satire/spoof site. I won't defend McCain in his vote, but I honestly can't see him making a statement like that. I am pretty sure that if he had, the MSM would have picked it up.

But while the GOP is certainly caught with egg on its face not being prepared for a GOP presidency--I won't forgive them for that anytime soon--let's don't lose sight of the fact that the House is genuinely trying, did present a healthcare bill, and did vote to repeal and replace Obamacare.

And 49 of 52 GOP senators also voted for at least a skinnied down repeal. If we keep their feet to the fire I am hopeful we will see some good things happen. We just need a few more GOP senators to offset the more leftist Collins, Murkowski, and McCain.
    Only the mediocre are always at their best.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,474 Times in 9,469 Posts
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1427 Post(s)
    I wonder if the majority of people have noticed
    Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right.... No better words have ever described our congress.....
    If Zombies are chasing us, I'm tripping you.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,474 Times in 9,469 Posts
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1427 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfyre View Post
    If we keep their feet to the fire I am hopeful we will see some good things happen.
    I've given up on them.... Time to fire the lot and start over.......
    If Zombies are chasing us, I'm tripping you.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,080 Times in 2,262 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    654 Post(s)
    I've heard the same thing Divey. Wouldn't put it past McCain. I have nothing for the man. He's just another progressive.
    It is all over the internet this morning, but I can't find any source for it among the MSM. Some evidence it traces back to a satire/spoof site. I won't defend McCain in his vote, but I honestly can't see him making a statement like that. I am pretty sure that if he had, the MSM would have picked it up.

But while the GOP is certainly caught with egg on its face not being prepared for a GOP presidency--I won't forgive them for that anytime soon--let's don't lose sight of the fact that the House is genuinely trying, did present a healthcare bill, and did vote to repeal and replace Obamacare.

And 49 of 52 GOP senators also voted for at least a skinnied down repeal. If we keep their feet to the fire I am hopeful we will see some good things happen. We just need a few more GOP senators to offset the more leftist Collins, Murkowski, and McCain.
    I found the same, they all went back to the same source.

I'm not defending those that voted against, though I really think it was such a bad idea to do the 'Skinny' that we may have to thank them later for the bullet dodged.
    “To learn who rules over you, find out whom you are not allowed to criticize.” — Voltaire

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,443 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    754 Post(s)

I'm not defending those that voted against, though I really think it was such a bad idea to do the 'Skinny' that we may have to thank them later for the bullet dodged.
    I wanted that vote to pass not that it would accomplish anything for certain as the House would have to be brought on board with it. But at least they would have demonstrated some integrity in the process and show that they honor their campaign promises by being willing to seriously try to get things moving. McCain and Murkowski both campaigned heavily on repeal and replace in their last elections. Collins I don't think did so she at least is being consistent.

I do trust them to fix the flaws in the planning and final process or leave plenty of room to do so.
    Only the mediocre are always at their best.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    654 Post(s)

I wanted that vote to pass not that it would accomplish anything for certain as the House would have to be brought on board with it. But at least they would have demonstrated some integrity in the process and show that they honor their campaign promises by being willing to seriously try to get things moving. McCain and Murkowski both campaigned heavily on repeal and replace in their last elections. Collins I don't think did so she at least is being consistent.

I do trust them to fix the flaws in the planning and final process or leave plenty of room to do so.
    There really would have been hell to pay if they went to 'conference' for a short time, couldn't get past medicaid discussion and then just voted it and god forbid if Trump signed it, which is too likely to contemplate.

That would have been devastating to anyone calling themselves a Republican for years and years.

It would be better to just leave it alone if they can't do better. So far, they haven't.

My own opinion would just end government in insurance, but no one is asking me.
    “To learn who rules over you, find out whom you are not allowed to criticize.” — Voltaire

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Annie For This Useful Post:

Foxfyre (07-29-2017)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    654 Post(s)
    Well Scaramucci out, a good decision. If Sanders is right and everyone, including family will report to Kelly, there's hope that choas will shrink. If that happens, there's a least a fighting chance that some of his ideas may make it to legislation.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Annie For This Useful Post:

Foxfyre (07-31-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Annie!!! (Off topic) my favorite poster on the net besides Sherry

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bear513 For This Useful Post:

Annie (01-12-2018), Sfc Ollie (01-11-2018)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    654 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear513 View Post
    Annie!!! (Off topic) my favorite poster on the net besides Sherry
    Well thank you!