Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    541 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miketx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, I guess I was lusting for Feinstein.
    No,Just a boasting Pharisee

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,055 Times in 2,245 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    647 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gentlegiant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I think there may well have been some hinky things done in the election and transition, but what has played out has been a disaster of a special counsel and further light shone on corruption of FBI and DOJ.
    You give the democrats too much credit. They will rationalize that Strzok was completely capable of being objective and was justified to take the action he did.
    There's buckets of rationalization and hypocrisy all around. I just read the Moore thread and have seen the comments regarding others. I don't know why adults, that roll their eyes at their own kids when told, "But (s)he started it and YOU" use the same logic?

I agree with 'Clinton was/is awful,' as was Obama for differing reasons. I even agree that Trump has caused some good things to happen. I agree that the FBI, DOJ, IRS have all proven that big government is bad. Yet the bottom line is that both wings just want those bad parts of government to favor them and punish the other wing.
    “To learn who rules over you, find out whom you are not allowed to criticize.” — Voltaire

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    570 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    There's buckets of rationalization and hypocrisy all around.
    You are lumping the sexual and the non-sexual scandals. You have to look at them separately because they are driven by different mechanisms.

The sexual scandals are driven by the media and the politicians. As a result, any new revelation are taken as gospel. At this point, I have little doubt that the accused individuals are guilty. However, it bothers me that we are so accepting of those accusations. In this day of social media, it is very easy for numerous false reports to sound very authentic. At some point some very innocent people are going to be hurt. Somehow, we need to back off of these decades old accusations. What is the old saying: "It is better to let ten guilty ten go unpunished than to punish one innocent man."

It is not as easy for the non-sexual scandals to be driven by the media because actual knowledge of such situations is limited to a very few individuals. It is just the opposite and the media selectively reports. At this point, I see little outside of Fox reporting bad behavior of Strzok.
    Life is more fun, if you do not take it too seriously.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gentlegiant For This Useful Post:

Extraram (12-07-2017)