Amazed
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    916 Post(s)

Impeachment Hearings are On

This afternoon, slurring her words and looking like she was three sheets in the wind, Nancy Pelosi gave the go ahead for impeachment hearings. They have no evidence and not a leg to stand on, but I guess we are going to have to go through this thing after all.

At least they're doing it now and we'll have it done before the 2020 campaign gets cranked up.

On a personal note, I hope it loses the Democrats the House by a huge margin, costs them all their open seats in the Senate, Nancy is sent packing, and President Trump wins all 50 states. That's almost certainly too much to ask for. But it would be sweet sweet justice.
    Only the mediocre are always at their best.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxfyre For This Useful Post:

Extraram (09-25-2019)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,338 Times in 10,031 Posts
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1491 Post(s)
    More waste of the peoples time and money...
    If Zombies are chasing us, I'm tripping you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sfc Ollie For This Useful Post:

Extraram (09-25-2019)

R U ready 4 some FOOTBALL !!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,971 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1337 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfyre View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This afternoon, slurring her words and looking like she was three sheets in the wind, Nancy Pelosi gave the go ahead for impeachment hearings. They have no evidence and not a leg to stand on, but I guess we are going to have to go through this thing after all.

At least they're doing it now and we'll have it done before the 2020 campaign gets cranked up.

On a personal note, I hope it loses the Democrats the House by a huge margin, costs them all their open seats in the Senate, Nancy is sent packing, and President Trump wins all 50 states. That's almost certainly too much to ask for. But it would be sweet sweet justice.
    did they actually hold a vote to begin an investigation? I'm pretty sure that has to happen FIRST

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 1,692 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    916 Post(s)
    No, but AOC and her gang are demanding that the process go forward. If she has a vote and it is voted down--hopefully--she appeases the Squad and company, but gives her at risk members cover when they are able to say they voted no.

Anything can happen, so we just don't know at this point. It is absolutely nuts though. I just hope they push it so far, most Americans are as disgusted as I am and the GOP regains the house for President Trump's last four years. I would love to see what he could accomplish with a Congress who would work with him. He didn't have that the first two years because there were so many neocons and RINOS who constantly threw monkey wrenches into the works plus the deep state in the FBI and State Dept. determined to eject him. And this last year with the Dems in the House majority, we've seen nothing but attack after attack after attack in their effort to destroy him. Next year probably won't be any better.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxfyre For This Useful Post:

Extraram (09-25-2019)

R U ready 4 some FOOTBALL !!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,971 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1337 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfyre View Post
    No, but AOC and her gang are demanding that the process go forward. If she has a vote and it is voted down--hopefully--she appeases the Squad and company, but gives her at risk members cover when they are able to say they voted no.

Anything can happen, so we just don't know at this point. It is absolutely nuts though. I just hope they push it so far, most Americans are as disgusted as I am and the GOP regains the house for President Trump's last four years. I would love to see what he could accomplish with a Congress who would work with him. He didn't have that the first two years because there were so many neocons and RINOS who constantly threw monkey wrenches into the works plus the deep state in the FBI and State Dept. determined to eject him. And this last year with the Dems in the House majority, we've seen nothing but attack after attack after attack in their effort to destroy him. Next year probably won't be any better.
    well, I could be wrong, but it's my understanding that they actually have to have a vote to even start the inquiry

and even if the GOP retakes the House, it would only be for 2 years till the next congressional election

Sidekicks Superstar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1496 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DiveCon View Post
    and even if the GOP retakes the House, it would only be for 2 years till the next congressional election
    Just think what Trump could accomplish in 2 years with the cooperation of congress.
    Don't Worry. Be Happy!

Extraram

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Extraram For This Useful Post:

DiveCon (09-26-2019), Foxfyre (09-30-2019)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,338 Times in 10,031 Posts
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1491 Post(s)
    Supposed to release the transcript of this phone call shortly. If the President of the Ukraine agrees. Dems would have been wise to wait on the release before jumping the gun...
    If Zombies are chasing us, I'm tripping you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sfc Ollie For This Useful Post:

DiveCon (09-26-2019)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    916 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfc Ollie View Post
    Supposed to release the transcript of this phone call shortly. If the President of the Ukraine agrees. Dems would have been wise to wait on the release before jumping the gun...
    The Ukranian leader has already agreed to release of the transcript along with his comment that he doesn't know why this conversation is any big deal. Evenso, I think it sets a terrible precedent forcing a President to reveal what should be a private and privileged conversation with a foreign leader. With all these supposed 'leaks' that in my opinion are treasonous, I imagine it is making it difficult for President Trump to have any candid discussions by telephone with other leaders at all. And that could put national security and well being at serious risk.

At any rate, the whistleblower now apparently says he had no first hand knowledge of the conversation, was reporting hearsay, and he has strong political ties to another candidate.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxfyre For This Useful Post:

DiveCon (09-26-2019), Extraram (09-26-2019), Sfc Ollie (09-25-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,253 Times in 2,670 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    936 Post(s)
    With the release of the transcript...there goes the hopes of AOC and the gang for any real chance of impeachment.

Isn't it amusing how the old guard of the party if willing to bow to the demands of these children disguised as Congress critter? Goes to show their candidates have nothing to offer other than another helping of hatred for the radicals to feed upon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. William John Henry Boetcker

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bella-day For This Useful Post:

DiveCon (09-26-2019), Extraram (09-26-2019)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    916 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bella-day View Post
    With the release of the transcript...there goes the hopes of AOC and the gang for any real chance of impeachment.

Isn't it amusing how the old guard of the party if willing to bow to the demands of these children disguised as Congress critter? Goes to show their candidates have nothing to offer other than another helping of hatred for the radicals to feed upon.
    I wish but from what I'm seeing on Twitter the Democrats are doubling down and demanding impeaching because the President mentioned the previous investigation of Biden in that conversation and suggested Zelensky should look into that.

However I am also seeing evidence from credible sources that Congressional Democrats wrote the previous Ukranian president in May 2018 demanding that they investigate President Trump. That couldn't have possibly been motivated by the 2018 elections could it? Could it?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxfyre For This Useful Post:

DiveCon (09-26-2019), Extraram (09-26-2019)